Brand development is the ‘fun’ and creative part of setting up any new project.
During this stage, it’s important that your creative agency is well briefed on the intricacies of your project and that the brand reflects and responds to your Value Proposition.
You’ll need a project name, brandmark, logos, design guidelines and a vast array of creative assets. Maintaining clear and effective communication with your creative agency is key here, to not only ensure you receive a high-quality final product, but a creation process that involves minimal ‘back and forth’.
1. Will the brand resonate with your target audience? How your brand looks, sounds and interacts is crucially important. Take the time to ensure you get this right from the outset – it often takes several rounds of refinement to get it to the right place. This is a very important first step!
2. Will your brand stand out from the crowd? Flick through the property pages and you will see a vast array of developments being promoted. How can your brand avoid being the same-same? Think clever brandmark, a bold colour, unique application or strong brand statement.
3. How will the brand translate across multiple mediums? A beautiful gold foil logo looks fabulous on a brochure but how will a gold logo translate in a digital environment? Your agency will be able to make recommendations, however these are considerations you will need to make to ensure your brand is always best in show!
4. Big ideas are great but often come at a cost! Your creative agency will be working to ensure your brand resonates, stands out and gains traction. Just be clear about your budget from the outset. Big, shiny ideas are great however they often break the bank! Work with your agency to come up with cost effective solutions that still achieve a great outcome for your brand.
5. Brand Guidelines are a must! Once your brand is established, ensure your agency establishes brand guidelines so all contractors understand how to replicate your brand correctly. Consistency is key!
For more important information on how you can set your project up for success, download our free Project Marketer’s Handbook.